Toylander Owners Club forum would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: strange electrics  (Read 145 times)

sunsted

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
strange electrics
« on: 23 August, 2017, 08:38:02 PM »
Hi all

I am coming to the end of my Tractor MFR build.  The electrics are nearly complete but the potentiometer does not work, the tractor wheels only move when the ignition is off and the safety cut out engaged.

What have I done wrong?  All parts are stock from the Toylander website.  It uses 2 x 12v motors.  I am in the process of putting in place a separate circuit for the lights and horn so there is no contamination from those components.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

paulr

• View Profile
Re: strange electrics
« Reply #1 on: 26 August, 2017, 05:10:09 AM »
At the risk of stating the obvious, and the late time of your post, perhaps with fresh eyes check the 3 wires that go to the circuit board that connects to the pot are the right way round.  Having done late nights in the workshop this has often helped.

PaulR
Mad on miniatures steam and now toylanders

sunsted

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: strange electrics
« Reply #2 on: 26 August, 2017, 09:05:22 AM »
Alas, I have checked that and the wires are exactly as presented in the wiring diagram.  My next step is to check all connections with an ammeter.  I may have a faulty component, either the pot or the ignition switch as that does not seem to function at all.

Thanks for the reply.

Simon