Toylander Owners Club forum would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 3D printed parts..?  (Read 236 times)

Totrod

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
3D printed parts..?
« on: 18 August, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »
Just a thought for some of you more experienced guys on here.....

I'm yet to undertake my first build yet but do you guys think there could be a use for 3D printed parts on the toylanders..?

I guess I will have my own ideas once I get started on my own build but just thought I would ask the question. The first thing that springs to mind for me is a personalised number plate.

Any thoughts..? Like most of you guys I love to tinker about with this sort of stuff!!

Guy

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
    • Build Photos
Re: 3D printed parts..?
« Reply #1 on: 30 August, 2017, 09:44:19 PM »
I have a TL and a 3D printer (although the TL came first). The only think I can obviously see was a new custom dash console - in the end we made ours with some labour intensive woodworking and some lovely mini checker plate. However I have a lot of custom electrics, numerous relays and boxes dotted all over the engine bay and I'm planning to put everything possible into a custom printed case which can slot in somewhere and have all the input/outputs as proper plugged cables of different sorts.
For hi-res build photos, see: http://flickr.com/gp/guy_adams/JAs29p