Toylander Owners Club forum would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My build No. 9  (Read 3039 times)

dickyb2001

• View Profile
Re: My build No. 9
« Reply #45 on: 20 June, 2017, 09:38:13 AM »
Cracking on at your usual speed and impeccable build quality! I love the logo stickers on the mud flaps. I keep thinking of making a set of these for ours.

It was great to meet you at Scorton show at the weekend Peter & to get to put a face to the profile "dad needs a hobby"! I would have loved to have the time to stop and chat a little more about all things Toylander & hear your ideas for your no.10 build with A-frame hoist at the back, but the cries of "Landy, start your engine!" coming from our little landy was Alexander's cue for us set off again!

Richard

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23 June, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »
Hi Richard
it was great seeing you and your  miniature toy lander, It really is a credit to you. I cant wait for you to start a bigger one as I'm sure it will be a thing of beauty.

Peter

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 23 June, 2017, 07:04:34 AM »
Hi Chaps
Still plodding on iv made and fitted the dummy door handles and started wiring the lights.

As always here are some pics

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 23 June, 2017, 07:05:19 AM »
Where is one showing the rear lights working

Andyoakley

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23 June, 2017, 10:16:47 AM »
Peter

Where do you get the decals from for the mudflats as would love to get some for my toylander. I have the rubber so all ok from there.

Andy
« Last Edit: 26 June, 2017, 07:05:51 AM by dad needs a hobby »

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 26 June, 2017, 07:06:11 AM »
Peter

Where do you get the decals from for the mudflats as would love to get some for my toylander. I have the rubber so all ok from there.

Andy
Hi Andy my friend has  vinyl cutting company.

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 26 June, 2017, 07:19:06 AM »
Hi Chaps
Al the wiring is now complete and tidy, I have also sprayed, colour sanded and machine buffed the seats, they are looking how I like them. Just the seat back to machine buff and fit

I have ordered 2 new 33ah batteries that should arrive today, the batteries it came with were draining a bit too fast for my liking. As I have to sell these little cars to make room for my next build its sensible to put a new set of batteries on for the new owner.

as always here is a pic

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 27 June, 2017, 08:30:42 AM »
Hi Chaps
Seat back colour sanded, buffed and fitted and new batteries fitted. So thats it ready for its test run. Ill do that tonight weather permitting.

took about 9 weeks so I'm happy with that.

as always here is a pic

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 30 June, 2017, 07:14:49 AM »
Hi Chaps
Well thats it all finished, Its turned out nice and was a straight forward build with no headaches.

Its been for a few decent drives now and performed excellent so its ready for its new home.

As always I have to thank my engineering guru Bill for making the rear wheel adaptors, motor brackets and teaching me how to make the bumper.

Also have to thank my mate Alan for his help, its great to have a bit of company in the workshop some evenings.

Final thanks goes to anyone thats been following my posts, I hope it inspires people to have a go..... If I can do it ANYONE can

as always here is pic.

« Last Edit: 30 June, 2017, 07:16:27 AM by dad needs a hobby »

S1G

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28 July, 2017, 06:04:58 PM »
Looks stunning as always. When you remove the berrings and caps for painting, how are they retained?

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01 August, 2017, 10:27:23 AM »
Just push fit.

5inchrail

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10 October, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »
Damn I just asked this question on one of your other builds but what screws do you use to get a good firm hold in the MDF please.
Thanks
Barry

jr2

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10 October, 2017, 03:08:14 PM »
Any woodscrew should do - it the glue that does most of the work