Toylander Owners Club forum would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mayfair Reborn  (Read 940 times)

james_stott

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Mayfair Reborn
« on: 23 October, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »
Hello,

I have just had a scan through the whole forum having just joined. It seems the mayfair isn't the most popular :o

Anyway, the main chassis is in great condition apart from the paint finish, which isn't an issue as it is having a colour change anyway. My main issue is the electrics.

It came with a 12v motor fitted to the rear right wheel via a chain. The motor has 3 large terminals and one very small lead coming from inside the casing. Two of the large terminals are a flathead screw which is the length of the motor, and the other is a stud with a 10mm nut on it. No idea which terminal is which or does what, also next to the seat on the left hand side, is a 3 position toggle switch which has nothing on the back. So I have no idea what its purpose in life is?! And that's it. No battery clamps, nothing at all on the dash - other than faded paint.

Is there anyone out there that could give me a heads up with the electrical aspects? I'm thinking of some sort of relay from a foot switch, to kick in the main motor feed, and have it all or nothing. I know it is a bit rough and ready, but as it's the first venture, want to keep it simple and easy to fix  ;D

Regards

James

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
Re: Mayfair Reborn
« Reply #1 on: 24 October, 2016, 07:00:40 AM »
Hi James, you might be best posting some pictures

Peter