Toylander Owners Club forum would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Local members in Kent and surrounding areas  (Read 2608 times)

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Local members in Kent and surrounding areas
« on: 24 May, 2015, 03:57:35 PM »
Put in on Brian's behalf.

Hello fellow members,

I'm just starting to build an MB43 and working towards a finish date in mid-September. My aim is to have it working in time to use it as a children's ride-on car at a Classic Car Show on September 20th in Orpington, Kent organised by St.Christopher's Hospice as a major fund raising event.

If there are any Toylander owners with any model that would be willing to join me with their models at this event I would be delighted to hear from them via a forum personal message. I can arrange a secure area for the children to drive round either solo or accompanied by an adult passenger. The main aim is to support the Hospice by raising money with donations for rides.

I hope this will be of interest and provide a great opportunity to display a variety of Toylanders in action for a really worthwhile cause. Last years show attracted a record number of cars and visitors far beyond the organisers expectations and we hope to do even better this year by introducing rides for the children and a display for ourselves.

Thank you, Brian Read.

« Last Edit: 26 May, 2015, 08:51:57 PM by Richard »
Best wishes
Richard

5inchrail

• View Profile
Re: Local members in Kent and surrounding areas
« Reply #1 on: 26 May, 2015, 12:14:03 AM »
Richard

Don't know if this helps or not but I may be able to bring the steam wagon along (see custom section) and the 3" Aveling & Porter Traction Engine if its working (BIG if though) but would need to be contacted nearer the time to see how it fits with my shifts. I can be contacted via the contact form on www.5inchrail.com or pm me for a phone number.

Regards
Barry

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Local members in Kent and surrounding areas
« Reply #2 on: 26 May, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »
Thank you Barry,

Brian will be most pleased if everything lines up OK with your shifts.
Best wishes
Richard