Toylander Owners Club forum would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Welder advice please ?  (Read 3452 times)

5inchrail

• View Profile
Welder advice please ?
« on: 30 September, 2014, 11:27:39 PM »
Never done any welding before, well ok a couple of welds with an arc welder about 30 years ago but I can't even remember what I did. I'm looking at buying a welder for hobby use such as fabricating chassis out of 25mm angle and that sort of thing. Nothing too intricate. But I don't know where to start or what to buy. I had a look at the welders at the link below but haven't a clue which to get. So can anyone advise on what to get please and ease of use and whats involved.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/search/filter/diy-arc-welders/type/any/module/shopcategory/page/1

Thanks

Barry

Ant-G

• View Profile
Re: Welder advice please ?
« Reply #1 on: 01 October, 2014, 05:47:48 AM »
Hi Barry

I have the 110 arc welder, but it feels a bit underpowered sometimes. My brother has the 160 which is much better. I want to get the tig adaptor to have a play.... :)

I find mig welding easier as it is a lot more controllable and have the Clarke 135te. Even managed, with a bit of fiddling, to weld aluminium.

Get yourself registered with machine mart and they have vat free days.....
Cheers
Anthony

5inchrail

• View Profile
Re: Welder advice please ?
« Reply #2 on: 01 October, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »
Thanks i'll do that !
Barry