Toylander Owners Club forum would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Started my MFR Build  (Read 8753 times)

john1

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: Started my MFR Build
« Reply #15 on: 11 August, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »
Hi all,

just a quick update, tractor nearly finished with the exception of a few finishing touches. i took it for a trial run on sunday & all went well.

Regards
John.

boatless

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 October, 2015, 03:04:50 PM »
John... thas is a lovely job.   Can I ask a favour? I am considering building a tractor ,having done a Landie last year,..thing is, I need to be able to fit iti nto the back of my van so that I can deliver it to Grandson #2  in France.
 Can you please measure it ...particularly the height, ( obviously the exhaust will detach) so that I don't come a cropper when I try to load it. Thanks 

john1

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 November, 2015, 07:01:05 AM »
Hi, Sorry for not replying sooner, i've just read your post. my tractor measures 27" wide x 29" tall (to the top of the steering wheel), the length is 55". if you are still struggling for height you'll save a bit more by taking the wheels off.

if you are thinking of making one let me know as when i started mine there were a couple of errors with the plans. they might have been corrected now but it would be worth while checking.

hope this helps.

Regards
John.

paulr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 November, 2015, 07:28:29 AM »
Good to know there is another 135 being built. The errors should have been rectified on the plans as John said, because myself and Richard had been in contact over these bits at around the time Toylander was being sold.  If you have any problems put a message on the forum and I will help out.

You can also make the tractor a little lower by shortening the steering column which I had to due to a change of camper van.

Cheers Paul and SueR 
Mad on miniatures steam and now toylanders

john1

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 January, 2016, 07:28:35 PM »
playing out in what was left of the snow today !!!

boatless

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 February, 2016, 08:49:10 PM »
John... many apologies for not replying to your answer re the size of the tractor. Believe it or not I did not realise that there was a second page on this thread, and have just noticed it!!
The size you gave is fine, as I can fit it into the small van I have for lugging stuff around. I will start the build later this year, as I am in the middle of restoring an old car at present and really need to keep only one thing going at a time.
The tractor looks great and will be for #2 grandson who is 18 months old just now...he should be old enough to drive it when it is finished.

Thanks again..

MelvinSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 July, 2017, 10:29:06 AM »
Howdy, folks! I am impressed by the shared thread. Thanks so much for such a great idea. You can follow http://skywritingservice.com/blog/how-to-find-hobby-20-tips if you have some spare time.